Lifeguard - Bethany Athletic Club
Bethany Athletic Club is looking for qualified and enthusiastic Lifeguards to ensure the safety of members and guests in our pools by following water safety policies and procedures, assessing risks, and preventing and responding to emergencies. As the Lifeguard you will also be responsible for providing a fun, relaxing, and welcoming pool experience through excellent customer service. We currently need coverage for P/T evenings, from 3:00– 9:30pm.
- Understand and enforce pool rules set forth by the club
- Respond to emergency situations in a timely and competent manner
- Greet and observe every person who enters the pool area, and assess their individual physical limitations and behavior
- Assist members with suggestions for additional programs, using pool equipment, and swimming tips
- Maintain a clean, orderly, and safe pool area, including performing chemical checks
- Must be 16+ years of age
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to perform and enforce pool rules and emergency procedures
- Physical ability to swim at least 500 yards per week and lift and/or carry 50 pounds
- Experience in health club or hospitality industry preferred
- American Red Cross Lifeguard Certification required prior to hire date
- CPR, First Aid, and AED Certifications required prior to hire date
- Must be a team player, willing to cover or trade shifts when necessary
- Must be able to work days, evenings, and weekends as necessary
- Certified Pool Operator experience a plus!
- F/T staff who work 30+ hours per week receive generous PTO, Medical and Dental options, Vision, FREE Life & Disability insurance, and 15% apartment rental discounts!
- F/T and P/T staff receives Oregon sick time, FREE HEALTH CLUB MEMBERSHIP for employee + immediate family members, the ability to order delicious food from our dining room/Bistro at a substantial discount and FREE Employee Assistance Program!
Our vision is to create and maintain a premier club that provides an excellent recreational and social experience for the entire family.
Bethany Athletic Club, LLC is an EEO employer.