Activities Assistant - Laurel Parc
Laurel Parc seeks a P/T & F/T experienced Activities Assistant to assist in executing a creative and integrated resident engagement program. Our ideal candidate has experience in Memory Care, is upbeat, positive and has great planning and program coordination skills. This individual is also energetic, enthusiastic, and is open to new ideas. The successful candidate is an excellent communicator and has the ability to motivate, inspire, and spark creativity within their program and team. (Availability on weekends and holidays necessary).
- Identify and launch an integrated and unified program of interest that includes – activities, events, seminars, classes, lectures, outings, entertainment, etc.
- Develop a program that provides freedom of choice, independence, self-expression and an opportunity to use physical and cognitive abilities
- Address program failures and identify and evaluate causes of low participation rates
- Effectively encourage and actively promote program growth and participation
- Recognize resident individuality, diversity and spirituality of all residents when planning activities and celebrating holidays
- Maintain contact and positive relationships with volunteers, contractors and vendors (teachers, speakers, group leaders, etc.)
- Develop a positive and open relationship with residents, family members and staff
- Create readable and compelling monthly newsletter and calendar of events
- Stay abreast of research and best practices in senior care as it relates to activities and services
- Maintain inviting, functional and organized program areas, including appropriate and seasonal decoration of display areas
- Partner with the Director to determine staffing requirements and work schedules
- Assist in the recruitment, interviewing and selection of personnel
- Assist in staff development. Formally and informally monitor staff performance and work with the Director to resolve performance issues.
- Make budget recommendations for supplies, outside contracts and expenses and submit to the Director for approval
- Maintain department expenses within budgeted parameters
- Present professional appearance/dress
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Experience in senior living activities is a requirement for this position
- Minimum of one year related experience
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, which may include evenings, weekends and holidays
- Minimum of one year experience working in a senior living community
- Experience evaluating, planning and developing initiatives for a wellness or activities program
- Compassionate toward the senior population
- Experience in Memory Care is preferred
- Proficiency with Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher and other applicable software
- F/T staff who work 30+ hours per week receive generous PTO, Medical and Dental options, Vision, FREE Life & Disability insurance, and 15% apartment rental discounts!
- F/T and P/T staff receives Oregon sick time, FREE HEALTH CLUB MEMBERSHIP for employee + immediate family members, the ability to order delicious food from our dining room/Bistro at a substantial discount and FREE Employee Assistance Program!
Laurel Parc is an EEO employer.