Porter / Housekeeper - P/T LaScala
As a porter/housekeeper at LaScala apartments in downtown Beaverton, your primary responsibility will be maintaining and enhancing the cleanliness of all interior and exterior areas of our luxury apartment community. Ideal schedule would be 7am-11am Fri-Tues. A driver’s license is not necessary for this position. Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Physically walk the exterior of the community on a daily basis (rain or shine) to ensure the sidewalks, landscaping, planters, patios, entry ways and parking lot remain free of debris, litter and dog waste.
- Constantly monitor and report any safety concerns or need for major repairs.
- Monitor trash areas removing all excess trash, abandoned furniture and oversized items, break down boxes for recycling.
- Prepare the trash bins for weekly pick up, maintain dog waste stations, pressure wash sidewalks and stairs, paint curbs, clean windows, remove cobwebs, remove snow and/or ice water plants/ flowers and replace lightbulbs.
- Maintain a “white glove” standard of clean in our Leasing Office, Community Amenities, hallways, lobbies, corridors, elevators and stairways.
- Assist with various physical tasks as directed e.g., digging holes; assisting with "make-ready" duties; cleaning and maintaining storage areas; distributing resident communications; performing work area clean-up and safety related duties, and more.
- Valid Driver's License preferred
- High school diploma or GED.
- High attention to detail and be able to work well with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work efficiently and quickly.
- Displays pride, accountability and initiative.
- "Can do" attitude and be willing to do what's needed to maintain curb appeal Physical ability to perform tasks requiring continuous walking, standing, bending, etc.
- Ability to follow directions, read and understand written instructions, complete reports and communicate in a clear and professional manor with our residents, vendors and colleagues.
- Withstand hours working outside in all weather conditions.
- Maintain and safeguards all company tools and equipment, knowledgeable of general cleaning equipment and tools including, but not limited to: hand tools, pressure washers, blowers, sandblasters, ladders, paint brushes, landscaping equipment, vacuum cleaner, ladder, hose sprayer, rotary scrub brush, and required safety equipment. In addition, position requires frequent chemical handling
- Understands and has basic experience with computers; internet navigation and online applications to take training, update and edit personnel information.
F/T and P/T staff receive Oregon Sick Time, FREE HEALTH CLUB MEMBERSHIP for employee + immediate family members, ability to order delicious food from our dining room/Bistro at a substantial discount and FREE Employee Assistance Program!
We are an EEO employer. Successful candidates must pass a background check.